Traditional methods of cleaning include chemical processes that can have a negative environmental impact, as well as, high operating costs. As a result, Carolina Filters has purchased a new innovative cleaning technology, DEECOM®, developed by Longworth Engineering, Ltd in the UK, to replace current traditional cleaning methods. The new DEECOM® technology is in accordance with governmental agencies push for environmentally GREEN & sustainable processes by:
- Eliminating use of solvents & chemicals
- Minimizing fugitive emissions and disposal of chemical waste streams
- Reducing negative environmental impact and carbon foot-print
Advantages of the DEECOM® cleaning technology:
- Polymer and/or additive & insoluble removal from filters and parts
- Additive & insoluble removal would include particulate such as antimony compounds, carbon, degraded polymer, etc. These materials if allowed to move to the downstream side of the filters will cause quality issues with the product, such as black specs and other inclusions from the particulate.
- Filters and parts include candle filters, dies, piping, pack parts, etc whose configurations allow for processing in the unit.
- Contaminant removal using methods that do not involve
- Temperatures used in traditional cleaning methods which could be damaging to the parts in the event of temperature excursions.
- Solvents tied to the oil market which creates cost and availability issues.
- The amount of chemicals used in traditional cleaning methods which have increased 2x+ in costs within a 6 month period & are continuing to increase.
- The level of wastestreams for disposal as in traditional cleaning methods which includes hazardous wastes from the TEG process.
- Customer Benefits:
- Improved cleaning due to the ability to remove embedded insoluble materials that cannot be removed by traditional cleaning methods which will result in improved filter performance if those embedded materials are the source of quality or performance issues.
- Extended filter life over more cleaning cycles due to a less aggressive cleaning process.
- Stabilized pricing against a changing supplier market because of cost reductions as a result of decreased chemical usage & disposal
- Reduced carbon foot-print as reflected in reduced chemical use and disposal